MNeeo Program Manager
5800 Baker Road
Minnetonka, MN 55345
What is the MNeeo Program?
The Minnesota Energy Efficiency Optimizer (MNeeoSM) program is supported in part by a grant from the Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources through the Conservation Applied Research and Development (CARD) program. MNeeo provides free energy expertise to evaluate energy-saving strategies for the design of new construction and major renovation projects in greater Minnesota. The goal is to promote energy savings by providing customized and comparative energy analysis results. The program also provides assistance in applying for incentives which may help improve the cost effectiveness of the implementation of measures. The energy analysis provided during this pilot phase is at no cost to the utility or building owner.
Why Should I Enroll?
Enrolling in the MNeeo program gives you an opportunity to save money on your energy bills and lower the impact on the environment. This program is easy and facilitates an informed approach to planning for energy savings with customized whole building energy modeling analysis utilizing NEO® online energy modeling software. In addition, the program provides assistance in applying for utility incentives that can be used to reduce the upfront cost of high-efficiency measures.
Customize bundles of strategies include:
- Wall assembly
- Roof assembly
- Glazing types and assembly
- HVAC system efficiency
- Fan and pump efficiency
- Daylighting and lighting controls
- Lighting power density design
- Conditioning of outside air
- Service water heating
Who is Eligible?
- New construction and major renovations with on-site mechanical systems and electrical upgrades
- Building types include commercial, office, schools, clinics, industrial and multi-family housing
- Buildings with a minimum project area of 5,000 square feet
- Additional qualifications may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis; the opportunity to influence decisions will be an important criterion; applications must be received prior to the finalization of Construction Documents
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the online application during the early stages of design. Enroll Today.
- A MNeeo representative may contact you with follow up questions to determine if your building is a candidate for the program.
- Once the project is accepted into the MNeeo program, a meeting will be scheduled. Participants will receive a customized energy analysis, including annual utility cost savings and estimated owner incentives.
- Verification of the energy efficiency strategies will include a review of the project’s Construction Documents and specifications, and may require an on-site visit after building occupancy.